Protection Plus can assist with almost any letter a taxpayer receives from the IRS or State about their individual tax return. Protection Plus case resolution specialists are full time employees and have an EA and/or CPA designation. Some common tax issues that Protection Plus assists with are:
Identity Theft Restoration
- Assistance with denied credits such as EIC, Child, and Education Credits.
- Assistance with Schedules A, C, and E
- Tax debt resolution services including Offer in Compromise, installment agreements, tax penalty abatement, wage garnishment relief, and innocent spouse relief.
- $2,500 Preparation Guarantee - Up to the first $2,500 is paid by Protection Plus if a legitimate preparer error is made on the return, covering taxes, penalties, and interest. This does not cover fraud, negligence, or taxpayer errors.
Protection Plus members are provided with a full year of complete ID Theft Restoration services. This benefit covers the entire family (spouse and dependents under 18) for identity theft incidents across all areas of their life. All work done on member’s behalf is performed by qualified Privacy Advocates and includes the following services:
- Daily credit monitoring for 6 months following an incident
- Notification of local authorities, financial institutions, and credit bureaus
- Customized, state specific ID recovery kit